At CCI, you are important to us. If you or someone you know is struggling with your health & wellness, please reach out to an adult at our school. Help is available.
Jacqui Jesso, Mental Health and Addictions Counsellor – Canadian Mental Health Association
- Will provide one-to-one counselling session upon referral, to support students with depression, anxiety, bullying, self-harm, self-esteem and stress management.
- Will meet with students to discuss substance use, whether they want to make changes to their use or just talk about it
- Visits CCI every Thursday
Laura Dipietro-Saul, Mental Health Counsellor – New Path Youth and Family Services
- Will provide up to twelve one-to-one counseling sessions upon referral, to support students with high complex needs; students may be experiencing depression, severe anxiety, suicidal thoughts, grief/loss, etc.
- Visits CCI every Tuesday
Lisa Long, Registered Nurse – South Georgian Bay Community Health Care
- Will meet one-to-one with students regarding any primary health issues/concerns, including sexual health and pregnancy (including STI testing), healthy eating and lifestyles, stress management, etc.
- Will provide classroom workshops/facilitate discussions around health concerns
- Self-referrals welcomed and encouraged
- Visits CCI on the first and 3rd Wednesday of every month (Starting October 3)
Cathy Bidwell, SCDSB Social Worker
- Will provide one-to-one support upon referral to assist with social, emotional, mental health struggles; students may be experiencing depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts, significant family crisis/change/upheaval, grief/loss, etc.
- Provides service to students at the school, 4 days per week (Mon., Tues., Thurs. Fri.)
Kim Sauve, School Mental Health and Addictions Nurse – Community Care Access Centre
- Works one-to-one with students to transition them back to school once they have been discharged from hospital for mental health or addictions issues (understanding diagnosis, associated symptoms, impact on learning, medication, etc.)