|December Department News|
Students in Social Science courses have been working hard on their final culminating tasks. Students have been creating Google Slide Shows about their experiences in Grade 9 Exploring Family Studies, competing in Food Competitions Top Chef and Top Chef Junior in Grade 10 Food and Nutrition and Grade 12 Nutrition and Health classes, making cultural pizzas in Grade 11 Food and Culture, presenting Social Justice projects in Grade 12 Challenge and Change, creating Teaching Tools about Issues in Human Development in Grade 12 Human Development through the Lifespan and completing the final sewing tasks in Grade 10 Clothing.
We are so proud of the accomplishments of all of our students this semester, good luck on your upcoming exams January 25th to January 30th, 2018.
Our Social Sciences & Humanities Department provides a range of courses that help to build students' understanding of the world. We use current events and hands-on activities to help build students' empathy and character.
|L. Casaubon A. Bishop |
T. Checkley S. Kennedy
- HIF 1O1-Exploring Family Studies
- HFN 2O1- Food and Nutrition
- HNL2O1- Clothing
- HLS 3O1- Housing and Home Design **New**
- HFC3M1- Food and Culture
- HPC 3O1-Raising Healthy Children
- HPW 3C1-Working with Infants and Young Children
- HSP 3C/U1-Introduction to Anthropology, Psychology and Sociology
- HFA 4C/U1-Nutrition and Health
- HHG 4M1-Human Development Through the Lifespan
- HHS 4M1-Families in Canada
- HNB 4M1-The World of Fashion
- HPD 4C1-Working with School Age Children and Adolescents
- HSB 4U1-Challenge and Change in Society